Good companies have good employees. Exceptional companies have well-trained employees. A well-trained staff improves customer satisfaction. Imperial Dade transfers the right knowledge to the right people, based upon your needs, in a professional manner.
Helping You Achieve Excellence
Offering exceptional training to our customers is important. Our Director of Training teams with our sales staff to make specific labor-saving recommendations. We identify opportunities and follow up with relevant training to assure realization of program goals.
We provide procedural, regulatory, and developmental training for our customer partners. From development to delivery, our training programs consider the ways adults learn to ensure the transfer of knowledge.
- Improved Safety
- Enhanced Wellness
- Increased Productivity
- Reduced Overall Cost
- State-of-the-Art Training Facility
- Customized Training at Your Site
- Webinar Capabilities for Remote Learning
- Cleaning Management Institute Certified Master Trainer on Staff
- ISSA Cleaning Management Standard (CIMS-GB) Certification Experts on Staff
- National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder on Staff
- LEED-APs and LEED-GAs on Staff
- GBAC Trained Technicians on Staff
IDCI Tracks Offered
The list below details our official Imperial Dade Cleaning Institute tracks. We tailor these and additional specialty programs to meet our customers’ specific needs.
- Introduction to Professional Cleaning
- This course delves into the reasons and importance of cleaning for general health and business, introduces the chemistry involved in cleaning processes, and discusses best practices.
- General Safety in the Workplace
- This course provides foundational knowledge of general safety concerns within the cleaning industry, including chemical safety, personal protective equipment, exposure response, accident/injury reporting, situational concerns, responsibilities, and attitude. While touching on regulatory topics such as Hazard Communication/GHS and Bloodborne Pathogens, this training does not meet the regulatory requirements of those standards.
- General Cleaning
- Participants in this class receive instruction regarding the routine cleaning efforts of trash removal, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning of common items, and hard floor care.
- This class offers a deeper dive into the Hazard Communication Standard and associated Globally Harmonized System (GHS) amendments than our General Safety in the Workplace course. Due to company specific requirements within the standard, this class does not alleviate an employers’ responsibilities under the standard.
- Restroom Care
- This class discusses the challenges of restroom care, while providing both the steps and the rationale for proper procedure sequencing, and a few fun facts regarding the restroom.
- Carpet Care:
- Participants in this day-long class will focus on all aspects of carpet care including background information, preventive measures, daily, interim, and restorative methods are discussed and demonstrated.
- Hard Floor Care
- This class tackles all aspects of hard floor care from soil prevention and daily care to complete stripping and refinishing of traditional floors, to addressing newer floor surfaces and the care required, to highlighting newer methodologies, coatings, and systems; all geared toward enhancing safety, developing proficiencies and improving outcomes.
- Green Cleaning
- This class was designed to take the mystery out of sustainability-focused cleaning. Participants will gain an understanding of the history, development and on-going innovation tied to Green Cleaning. Additional focus topics include 3rd Party certifications and organizations, product selection criteria, procedural considerations, building certifications, and more.
- This course was designed for those who may be new to or are working toward a leadership role, but even experienced managers can benefit from a refresher on these basics. Customer Service, Leadership Characteristics, People Skills, and Motivation are among topics covered.